Saturday, June 16, 2007


More workshop from Bernie Berlin
The first is the stencil technique. First problem, didn't really have any stencils. So, I found some mesh, and used that in a couple of colors for the background, then i had a heart stencil that I used on the top. Surprisingly simple and loved the effect of layering the stencils.
Next is the inky papers. Well, I love layering papers. I did a whole cardstock sheet and then cut it up into ATC size. More bang for the buck and i'm all over that. Next with the glazing, i just mixed acrylics in with gel medium. Then some ink and whala! Add some images, stamp some keys, add a few letter and fiber -and you're done. This technique was right up my alley.
Next, the leafing pen resist. I (and my son) tried several different pens. For me, the paint pens, the sharpies and a fiskars pen in metallic did not work. Had to use the leafing pen. But, some of the pens sort of worked and had they been new may have worked better. That being said, I drew some swirls added the watercolor paint and stamped the dragonflies. I loved this. My son who is seven had very good results with this technique too. Cool technique for you AND the kids! what more could you want. My son always wants his cards to look as good as mine and may i say, his (with more vibrant color choices) were really cool.
I will do some more cards like this for sure.
One techie note - it seemed that the resist did not work too well the wetter you get your paper, and i tend to work really wet with watercolors. Note to self, dry off the brush a little!

No comments: