Friday, March 06, 2009

Facebook got me!

Okay, I admit it, Facebook has me. The ability to reconnect with people I know or used to know has me mesmerized. I am compelled to look at every picture, every update and check in several times a day. So far I have found: a cousin who is #3 in the world mixed martial arts championships, a cousin whose name is not what I thought it was for 42 years, an old high school acquaintance who apparently married my 3rd grade boyfriend, my coworker who hates to shop at Walmart on Saturdays, my niece does not like to do her english homework, videos of my nieces dancing, no one who can follow a Logan's Run reference, a new way to connect with my best friend who lives near D.C., the boy who gave me my first "real" kiss, my kindergarten crush, and the bad stuff, divorces, illnesses, deaths of former classmates.

So, in a nutshell, that's why you don't see any new jewelry. And, the jewelry muse has other things to do than grace my studio, or maybe she's waiting for me to cross the room to my workbench. I did start a piece the other night, was trying to make a more affordable line for this declining economy, but the piece got away from me and turned into a monstrosity of ocean jasper, aventurine and poppy jasper. Keep your eyes on me folks, it's coming, it's just taking its time.

No comments: