Monday, March 25, 2013

My Weekend at Zenkaikon

People have been telling my to try my luck at Anime Cons for a while - for those of you who don't know - Anime is Japanese cartoons and comics - for us old folks think of Speed Racer and Kimba the White Lion - for the younger crowd, well, you guys know what it is.  So, since Zenkaikon was taking place in Lancaster this year, booth prices were reasonable (although electricity for your booth was NOT, c'mon folks $50 a day??) I signed up for a booth.  Thursday drop off and set up was a breeze, I arrived Friday morning with a helper and set up my jewelry in about an hour and a half and I was ready to go.  Friday sales were brisk and I brought in more stuff Saturday to replace what was sold. Saturday sales were just about non-existent but my Mom came to keep my company and that was great.  She loved seeing all the costumes and the kids - she loves kids.  So - on to some photos -
So here are Sally from Nightmare before Christmas and the darling lovely from Brave (which I haven't seen yet so I don't know her name) Check out the makeup job - AWESOME!

Where else do you keep your sonic screwdrivers except in your tool drawer?

Best costume of the day- Pinup Captain America - I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful Cosplay! Oh yes, that's me in my Avenger's corset - and my Tony Stark Tee

Here's my friend Red Bettie - as Rose from Doctor Who - I had never seen her cosplay this before and she was spot on!

Me and my Whovian buddies - these guys go to a lot of cons and events dressed in their characters and are so much fun to hang out with - unfortunately I was not dressed in my 10th Doctor Fem Steampunk on Sunday - but oh - watch out below because here I am -
 

 
Now the other thing about Cons that I love are all the artists so I managed to pick up some artwork while i was there from a couple of women who had fantastic artwork.  First was http://www.daniellesylvan.deviantart.com/
and one of the pieces I wound up with was this http://daniellesylvan.storenvy.com/products/1232162-the-summoning
She also had a Wonder Woman which I picked up - beautiful, you need to go check out her stuff. 
 
The other artist was had some wonderful Steampunk art that I just had to have - She also had pieces in a more sizes which I really liked because I'm running out of room with my Greg Horns and my Kristen Millers (my daughter) and in an 8x10 size these will fit in nicely in smaller but more visible places -  Her name was Julia Lichty - www.ghostfire.net and I bought three pieces of hers, but one is a gift for a friends and will remain secret!
 
The Tinkerer - Ikkicon 2010 - Click Image to Close
This is called "The Tinkerer and you can get it here - http://www.ghostfire.net/
So that's a little wrap up of my weekend, many thanks to all those who stopped by my booth to say hi, to buy, to help me pass the time.  I loved meeting each and every one of you, seeing my old friends and making new ones! 
Next weekend you can find me at www.steampunkatgettysburg.com vending and once again dressing up in corsets!!!


1 comment:

Laura Morrigan said...

Hee hee, I love Dr Who dresses! David Tennant will always be the Doctor for me!