Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday, October 3rd

Wow, so proud of myself. This is really working nicely. I've posted consistently for several weeks, progressed toward trying some different outlets for jewelry, and managed to make something new. I've even continued "flying" and getting my house and office and in effect or maybe as a consequence - my life is more organized and less anxiety ridden.


But that's not why you're tuning in today, you want to know who won the earrings. Well, 8 people signed up and I went to http://www.random.org/ to generate a number from 1-8 for the winner. The winner was number 1 - Terri Durden. So - Terri - you will be receiving the earrings posted for the September blog candy!!


Now on to October. What can you win in October? I offer up your pick of one of my cuff bracelets. These are stitched in two drop peyote and since the drawing will be on October 31, I thought the colors were appropriate. Your choice is between an "ALIEN" green bracelet embellished in green, teal and blue, and a lavender bracelet embellished in purple and topaz. All you have to do is leave an entry on this post with which bracelet you like and your e-mail address so I can let you know you've won. The bracelet will be sent to you if your number is picked and I will send you the bracelet you picked postage paid by me.



So here are your picks - which one do you choose?

Tonight you can find me at the DREAMS event featuring entertainment and fashion at The Bird's Nest 10 S. Prince Street from 6-9PM. It is First Friday downtown, there's lots going on and this event is going to feature music, fashion and a little bit of everything for everyone.

I am also participating in a group open house in Mount Joy on November 14th and 15th. Hostess is Pam Barto of Olde World Collectibles. She makes the most amazing soft sculpture Santas. As a former soft sculpture and doll artist (something I hope to pursue again some day) I can attest to her creative and fine stitchery. Each Santa is a work of art. Her address is 215 Birchland Ave and the Hours are Friday 11-7 and Saturday 10-5. Stop by, I plan to do some Christmas shopping there for sure. Fifteen of us are exhibiting at her house and everything is guaranteed hand made as she knows each and every one of us exhibiting.

As the holidays approach, if you've been putting off ordering some special piece of jewelry, order it now. Things get tight as the holidays approach as they do in all our lives and I'd hate for anyone to be disappointed. I welcome your custom orders, making something especially for that special outfit for all those events we have coming up, holiday parties, work functions, homecoming dances and even New Year's Eve.

So long for now, and will be in touch next week!!


No comments: